Friday, April 12, 2013

PROCESS


While I'm fairly sure that most people could care less about the process of making nearly anything,  especially art,  there is something in the dynamic of creation that intrigues me and pushes me to "make stuff"  of little or no value to a populace immersed in their IPhones.

"I must create a system or be enslaved by another man's.  I will not reason or compare;  my business is to create."     WILLIAM BLAKE

"No one has ever written or painted,  sculpted,  modeled,  built,  invented,  except to get out of Hell."
      ANTONIN ARTAUD

"In the creative act,  the artist goes from intention to realization through a chain of totally subjective reactions."      MARCEL DUCHAMP

"Creativity is a sudden cessation of stupidity."        EDWIN LAND

"Creativity cannot prosper in the past,  nor within a wall to possibilities.  It's a rejection of lives lived within single word descriptions (like "cute" and "awesome") and a need to name ."     ANONYMOUS

No comments:

Post a Comment